HECO Rebate Program
Hawaii Energy, ratepayer-funded energy conservation and efficiency program, is offering a cash rebate.
Hawaii Energy, ratepayer-funded energy conservation and efficiency program, is offering a cash rebate. So invest in energy efficient HVAC equipment to cool your home and business. It will have a huge effect on your energy savings, electric bill, and comfort for years to come.
The rebates are available to residential electric utility ratepayers on Oahu, Hawaii Island, Lanai, Maui, Molokai only. It is available on a first come first come basis and are subject to availability of funds, restriction, change and/or discontinuation without advance notice.
Hawaii Energy offers a several rebates, so please visit their website:
Go to www.hawaiienergy.com to get more information or call: (808)537-5577 - Oahu
VRF Air Conditioner Rebate: Revised Qualifications (July 1, 2018-June 30, 2019) or fund available.
- Minimum - 18 SEER
- Two Levels of Rebates:
- VRF Splits - $150 - 6,000 - 24,000 BTU (outdoor units only)
- VRF Splits - $250 - SEER 18 - 24,001 - 36,000 BTU (outdoor units only)
Window Air Conditioner Trade-Up: Effective February 15, 2015
- Need to provide account number & contract ID Number with name of HECO Account & Addressof Installation - Completer form contractor will submit.
- Limited Funds Available
Earn a $50 rebate for purchasing a qualified window air conditioner (AC) and trading your old working window AC or portable air conditioner for recycling. This rebate is a first come first serve basis and will only be available while funding lasts. Ensure that you get the right size Window AC for your needs and for further information visit Energy Saver.
- Energy Efficient Ratio (EER) 11.2 or higher. The higher the rating means the unit is more energy efficieny. The previous 10.8 EER program minimum will be honored only prior to March 31, 2015.
- AC uses 15% less energy than conventional models
- You can save about $67* based on an average of $ 0.34/kWh per year on your electric bill
- Buy a qualified window AC from a participating retailer like American Air Conditioning and receive a rebate application at the time of purchase.
- Schedule a pick-up for the recycling of your old AC by calling (808)537-5577 or toll free (877)231-8222. make sure to have the hauling company sign ans stamp your application.
- Submit your completed rebate application along with receipt/invoice via mail to Hawaii Energy.
- Download Window AC Trade Up FAQ
* Estimated savings based on $0.34/kWh. Savings may vary depending on make, model, and usage of window AC.